Choose your language :

Eole in Cork

My new greenish home-island.

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Sunny Sunday

While I've heared that Paris' weather was very cold, we enjoyed a very nice sunny day ! Vincent woke up me at midday. Ten minutes later, I was waiting for him on my inlined rollerskates. We wandered in the city. Unfortunatly, I didn't take my camera. A little accident can happen too quickly ... It was the first time from a while that I got some many difficulties because I was still tired and I forgot to take my breakfast. We visited a part of the industrial port and another one which has been converted to a park. It's close to the Hurling stadium. Hurling is a very popular sport in Ireland. For barbarians like us who know nothing, if I've well understood, it could be sum up as a mix between Baseball and Rugby. But it's older and more dangerous. I would be intersted by watching game one day. I shall tell you how it works if I'm able to understand. Later, We settled on a grass track in front of the stadium and we have done some rookie acrobatics trainings. Vincent is very strong at foreward flip. My speciality is backward-flip. We are both unable to switch our tricks. He was damn bad on backward and I'm worhless on foreward. That will fill our next acrobatics sessions for a while. At last, I rested at the flat while Vincent went on a park for reading. At the end of evening, we watched a movie called The flight of the Phoenix at the movie theater. Well ... It won´t stay in people minds. Althought, photography was very nice, it's a unintersting movie based on an over-commun story. Pendant que j'entendis que le climat de Paris était glacial, nous savourions un très agréable dimanche ensoleillé ... Sans nuage ! Vincent me réveilla à midi. Dix minutes plus tard, je l'attendais sur mes rollers-en-ligne. Nous trainâmes dans la ville. Malheureuseument, je n'avais pas pris mon appareil-photo. Un incident est vite arrivé. C'était la première fois depuis très longtemps où j'eus du mal à patiner parce que j'étais fatigué et que j'avais oublié de prendre mon petit-déjeuner. Nous visitâmes une partie du port industriel, ainsi qu'un autre reconvertie en parc. C'était près du stade de Hurling. Le Hurling est un sport très populaire en Irlande. Pour des barbares comme nous qui n'y connaissons rien, si j'ai bien compris, c'est une sorte de mélange entre le baseball et le rugby. Mais c'est plus vieux et plus dangereux. Je serais intéressé un jour, de regarder un match. Si j'arrive à comprendre, je vous dirais comment ça fonctionne. Plus tard, Nous nous installâmes sur une étendue d'herbe devant le stade et nous fîmes quelques entraînements de débutants acrobates. Vincent était fort en flip avant. Quant'à ma spécialité c'était le flip arrière. Nous étions chacun dans l'incapassité d'échanger nos figures. Il était bien mauvais en arrière et moi, guère mieux en avant. Cela remplira nos prochaines sessions acrobatiques. Finalement, je me reposai à l'appartement tandis que Vincent partit lire dans un parc. Nous regardâmes un film nommé Le vol du Phoenix au cinéma. Et bien, ça ne restera pas dans la tête des gens bien longtemps. Bien que la photographie est très bien, cela reste un film inintéressant basé sur une histoire trop classique.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home